We are looking to hire a top-notch Non EE/AA, Auto Technician to work in busy Auto Repair Centre. Your duties will include upgrading, installing, diagnosing problems, repair, and maintenance of all VW, Audi, Mercedes Benz and BMW mechanical parts, components and systems.
- Trade test qualifications.
- Min 3 – 5 years’ work experience as an auto Technician
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of VW and Audi vehicle repairs
Expert mechanical skills. Must display strong abilities on:
- vehicle inspections, diagnostics, troubleshooting & fault-finding
- minor & major services
- maintenance and upgrades
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software preferably (ODIS/ VCDS)
- Ability to read VW, Audi service and repair manuals
- Vast knowledge with car mechanisms and automotive parts
- Excellent Customer service
- Valid driver’s license with own car
- Will look at incumbent who are looking to relocate
- Self-starter with sober habits
- Good communication - Verbal, written and listening skills
- Excellent analytical and complex problem-solving skills
- Must have a good eye for detail coupled with a zero tolerance approach to returns
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong ethical values rating high on honesty, integrity, excellence, passion, performance and result.
- Good hand and eye coordination
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Physically fit, must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat for long periods
- Must be able to lift heavy items at times.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odours present.
- Handle full automotive minor & major services
- Gathering information on customer issues
- Identify mechanical problems either visually or with computer diagnostic equipment (ODIS/ VCDS)
- Plan and establish timetable to complete repairs and maintenance
- Providing estimated time and cost for repairs.
- Manage, handle and maintain tools and workshop equipment
- Examine critical parts and systems using a standard checklist
- Liaise with parts department regarding required parts
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance including oil changes and tune-ups
- Service, repair, replace, faulty mechanical components, parts and systems
- Upgrade and fitment of mechanical components, parts and aftermarket products
- Perform tests on specific parts and systems to ensure proper function
- Test drives vehicle to confirm safe and proper operation
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Completing job reports
- Advise management of work activity
- Any adhoc duties as required
Kindly email a comprehensive CV which includes a detailed description of your duties and reasons for leaving.
Call Candace on 011 681 6831/071 718 6695. NB!!! only comprehensive CV's will be considered.