Lecturer: Financial Accounting (JB1175)
Main Purpose of The Job:
A lecturer is responsible for facilitating student learning through interactive classroom teaching that promotes student engagement and supports the student learning experience. Lecturers are required to promoting student success through initiatives that see improved student retention and throughput rates. As a subject matter expert, a lecturer needs to keep abreast of developments in their subject area and is also required to assure the quality of the delivery of the subject content, assessment, and relevancy of the learning material such that the learning outcomes are achieved.
Key Performance Areas:
· Lecturing: Facilitate Student Learning through Engagement
· Student support, consultation, retention & success
· Assessments: setting, marking & moderation
· Study material: prep, review, and upgrade
· Academic Development
· Integrated Quality Assurance
Requirements of the Job:
· B Com Degree in Accounting
· A post graduate qualification is advantageous.
· A proven teaching portfolio that evidences student support and success.
· A minimum of 1 year’s lecturing experience required, but 3 or more years’ experience preferred.
· Possess specialist knowledge and technical skills in the subject discipline to develop teaching programmes and materials and the provision of learning support.
· Active participant in own professional academic development including awareness of requirements set out by regulatory bodies, quality councils, institutional standards, and policies.
Competencies of the Job:
· Planning and organizing competencies
· Good Communication and interpersonal skills
· Good time management skills
· Good team player
· Good communication skills especially verbal and written English.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Able to work independently
· Ability to function in a highly pressurized environment
Please email CV to resumeskontak.catsone.com and quote JB1175 in the subject line