Chief Operating & Strategic Director (JB715)
Currently sourcing for a COO / Chief Operating, Strategic & Commercial Director. Previous experience with a service-related, Financial, or similar environment would be highly recommended.
· Post Graduate degree or MBA from any recognized university/Institute OR
· CA(SA) with strong operational/commercial/strategic experience
· Possesses requisite experience in HR frameworks, financial management, Marketing and Operations.
· Extensive experience within business management experience across a range of business disciplines including strategy, commerce, finance, HR, and operations
· Financial reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management.
· Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
· Excellent computer literacy is essential especially in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
· The successful candidate shall have the primary responsibility of leading the daily operations of the business of the corporation and its subsidiaries in accordance with the strategic plan and within agreed capital budgets.
· Secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth
· As a member of the executive management team, the candidate is jointly responsible for the attainment of the organization’s strategic objectives with specific accountability for service delivery and operational performance.
· Responsibilities include operational planning, operational capacity building, process improvement, staff leadership and customer service
· Provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Key performance areas:
· Oversee the daily operations of the business of corporation
· To develop, in collaboration with the CEO and the CFO and annual operating plan that supports the organizations long term operations strategy
· To assist the CEO and the CFO in developing and overseeing the long-term business strategies of the organization
· To assist the CEO in overseeing the organizations achievement and maintenance of a satisfactory competitive position with the industry
· Keep the CEO fully informed in a timely and candid manner of the conduct of the daily operations of the organization towards the achievement of its established goals and of all material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by the Board with respect to operational matters, ensure communications, resolution of issues and project development
· Ensure the development of health and safety practices for the Corporation and oversee compliance with those practices
· Coordinate the sustainability strategies of the organization
· Assess and manage the principal risks of the corporation’s business within operations (proposals, projects, and staffing)
· Assist the CEO in establishing an appropriate organizational structure
· Perform other functions related to the office of the COO or as may be requested by the CEO or Board
· Ensure strategic objectives shaped at executive management level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress
· Ensure that business change projects are delivered in line with directions from executive management level
· Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money
· Drive Business Direction
· To be an integral part and driver of the strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting of business requirements and decision-making process.
· Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders, government, suppliers, etc. to ensure correct focus and direction for the Organization at operations and technology level.
· Ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained.
· Develop and facilitate planning across the COO environment.
· Accountable for driving the business model under the COO environment.
· Serve on external committees where applicable.
· Ensure that risk is effectively addressed in all aspects of the business and the Organization is statutory compliant in all areas.
· Ensure that a proper infrastructure (building, systems and staff complement) is maintained and developed for the Organization.
· Accountable for planning and opening of new branches in terms of expansion of the business and business plans.
· Review Performance Improvement reports to determine effectiveness of interventions.
· People Management and Leadership
· Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus and service and encourages individual integrity.
· Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels.
· Provide clear directions on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
· Ensure that there is an effective succession plan in place for the COO position and other roles of key executives of the Organization reporting to the COO.
· Evaluate the performance of senior executives of the Organization reporting to the COO.
· Monitor the strict adherence to governance and setting high standards of professionalism across the functions.
· Ensure that managers create effective workforce plans and recruitment demands plans for their areas.
Please email CV to recruititkontak.co.za and quote JB715 in the subject line