Chief Financial Officer – CEO Designate
Neg to R2.2 million CTC p.a. + performance bonuses
Our client, one of the leading suppliers of product and solutions to the sub-Saharan sector requires a dynamic qualified Financial Director who will be required to take control of the entire financial function and supply chain management within the company and subsidiary companies. Including but not limited to:
• Financial Management & Reporting
• Company Admin Management
• Strategic Contribution
• Driving the company & able to recognise opportunities for acquisitional growth
• CA (SA)
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role (non-listed company)
• 35 – 45 years old
• Must have a strong grounding in a recognizable financial operating system.
• Previous import/distribution experience in the category of appliances, machinery, equipment etc is strongly advantageous
• STRONG EQ is crucial
• South African candidates only.
MD, Executive committee and board. Expected to work closely with divisional heads and subsidiaries.
Skills & Experience:
• Must be an experienced group financial director with at least 5 years proven experience in a similar role and similar sized company (NOT LISTED)
• Skill set should include all the generic FD skills such as Financial Services, (Financial accounting and Management Accounting) statutory compliance, solid Tax Knowledge, VAT knowledge and Forex hedging experience.
• Strong skills and experience in strategic financial management
• Ideally the candidate will have a background in technology and digital driven environments
• Has experience in a business that imports, sells and distributes capital equipment and generates annuity income through ongoing sales of consumables or “click” revenue
• Must understand costing and quoting methodologies and how to apply these throughout the business
• Must have proven experience in reviewing, developing and implementing new systems and processes across the business.
• Has worked within a company with a diverse product/brand resulting in a portfolio of business units which expands and contracts continuously
• Has experience in company restructurings
• Must have a track record of managing a diversified staff complement
• Has extensive experience in pricing policy and development of pricing models
• Must be an excellent communicator
• Comfortable to operate within an environment with active shareholder involvement
• Understands incentive models including commission structures and will be instrumental in developing a model aligned to the future direction and performance of the company and its people.
• Experience in the design and execution of short term and long term incentives within a non- listed entity to deliver value to shareholders.
• A seasoned negotiator Must have strong negotiation, project management, analytical, decision making and interpersonal skills
• Experience operating within the African continent will be advantageous
• Must be a high EQ leader that inspires strong team performance
• Must be hands on – (Take a hands on lead position of developing, implementing and maintaining financial systems, supply chain and inventory management systems.)
• Establish and maintain external relationships with banks, customers, auditors and principals.