Regional Sales Manager – West Africa (Mechanical Engineering degree)
Permanent position in the Engineering sector for a Regional Sales Manager in Ghana or Senegal.
Reports to the Business Line Manager – Aggregate and Mining.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Independent Contractor will in his/her capacity as a Regional Sales Manager assumes full responsibility for the execution of the capital and aftermarket sales strategy in the assigned territory or as requested by the Business Line Manager.
Market Related package will be negotiated with the right candidate.
- Completed Mechanical Engineering degree/diploma or 5-10 years experiencing in similar role.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Multilingual – English and French proficiency
- A proven track record in sales and a developed business acumen supported by an excellent understanding of the regional aggregate and mining market.
- 5-10 years technical Crushing & Screening product sales & application experience.
- Knowledge and experience of commercial contracts negotiation including pricing, cash flow management, payment terms, and warranties
- Engaging with customers technically and commercially at multiple levels
- Proven ability in planning and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment
- COMPUTER LITERACY: Intermediate level competence on MS Office; Experience in preparation of aggregate and mining process flows in AggFlow or similar package; Experience on AXERP system will be an advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine the sales targets and budgets products in the assigned international market and providing leadership to meet these targets effectively
- Maintain currently held active customer accounts, identify and engage with non-active customers and identifies, quantifies and recommends new markets/product opportunities suitable for the the Compnay range of products and service.
- Provides direction and assistance in development of new business opportunities for the Company products
- Be the primary contact to customers & dealers on product sales, service support, engineering and warranty related matters.
- Support the Business Line Manager in mapping the preferred channel to market and identifying evaluating potential dealers suitable to maximize the Company’s market penetration.
- Directs technical and commercial preliminary inquiry review of client specification to determine company’s capability to meet expectation.
- Management and performance assessment of dealers performance
- Support dealers with AggFlow designs and layouts
- Undertake plant inspections
- Reviews proposals for technical approach consistent with corporate technical capabilities and in compliance with budget/margin requirements.
- Ensure the completion and timeous submission of required documents e.g., Expression of interest, submission of pre-qualification and official tender.
- Evaluation of tender document providing guidance to the business and relevant stakeholders as to lead disciplines and appropriate submission requirements.
- Minimise the organisations exposure and risk on bids in regards to Application, Financial and Governance of contract.
- Manage a realistic and updated bid program ensuring bid progress is aligned with required time frames.
- Establishing the bid price aligned with the scope. Where required the bid technical and commercial summary to be presented and approved by the Bid Review Committee ( BRC)
- Collate the required documents and information and prepare a cohesive tender submission in line with the agreed bid strategy.
- Support regions and participate in regional exhibition and conferences
- Ensure company and bid compliances are met and prepare required documentation for approval and sign off where required.
- Maintain a knowledge base of bids, Tender trends, pricing etc..
- Gather, analyse and report on market intelligence
- Ensure the Sales pipeline is maintained and the CRM is updated with the latest status of the enquiry.
- Submission of monthly sales reports - including market activity; sales pipeline & revenue forecast
- Ensure that pricing strategies are clearly communicated to Regional Sales Managers and Dealers
- Update the dealers and customers on new products, upgrades and modifications
- Maintain expert level of product and application knowledge
- Travel to project sites, attend site and project progress meetings as and when required
- Maintain a professional business relationship with all internal and external stake holders.
- Participate in strategy sessions and implementation thereof
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manage expenses in line with company policy and as defined in the service provider contract.
- Willingness to travel extensively regionally and Internationally when required
- An affinity for solution based outcome
- Potential to network within business communities.
- Good understanding of costing and pricing
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an environment of constant pressure and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct technical and sales presentations to a diverse audience
- Task driven and self-motivated individual with a strong sense of customer service.
- A natural ability to work with a diverse group of personalities
- A good understanding of technical selling and ability to close deals based on value selling